Saturday, June 20, 2015

Almost Went To Jail Over This

Not really, but that's how headlines work (right Jerry?).

Yesterday I was driving home from work.
I had arranged to call in to the Thayrone X drivetime talk show on WAAM Radio, local to Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti.
Thayrone was going to let me plug my ad in the Your Voice Your Ad contest.

I had pulled over to the side of the road to talk to him, emergency flashers on.
So while we were talking on air, a dark blue SUV with flashing lights pulls up behind me.
I'm trying to wrap up talking to Thayrone as the cop walks up to the window.

You can listen to it here.

So after I go off air with Thayrone, the officer and I talk.
He asks what I'm doing and I tell him.
He takes my license and my CPL and goes back to his car.
When he comes back, he asks me to explain it to him again.
I'm grinning from ear to ear and I tell him again.
He asks what I would win and I tell him a trip to Washington.
He smiles and I ask him to vote for me and told him how.
He smiles and I shake his hand and tell him thanks for his service.

I get back on the road, turn on the radio and shortly hear Thayrone come back after a commercial and announce that his wife Linda just called and that I was getting a ticket as he and I talked.
He hadn't heard the references to the police while we were talking.

So I called Linda on air today and explained everything.

My cheekbones hurt from smiling so much.



4 comments:

  1. That is a good headline and rises to level of "click bait". My theory of a great headline, however, is that it is way better than the post itself, and leaves the reader severely disappointed for wasting their time. I usually succeed at that. Your post, however, is hilarious.

    As I listened to the first link, I did think Thayrone was heartless when you clearly could be heard saying, "Hello occifer!" and he ignored your predicament, Good save Linda! Of course, the caller after you on Linda's show kept pushing "YourVoteYourAd" without correction. Hmmm. Seems like you could finaggle a number of free air spots over the pain and suffering that must have caused. Good luck neighbor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jerry. I was just gonna message you and ask if I was getting boring here.
    It's over Thursday and I can let it go.
    Neighbor Has Confrontation With State Police - You Won't Believe What Happened Next!
    Wish I'd thought of that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you kidding? Were this me, I'd be whipping that pony to a froth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, there are days, and then there are days... Glad it worked out!

    ReplyDelete