Sunday, August 30, 2026

Author John Lisec and also Xi Van Fleet

I'd been looking forward to a conversation with prolific author John Lisec for a month.


A small sample of his titles 

I sent a checkup email to him in the morning with no response.
Then I began to think it had dropped off his calendar and started preparing another hour to replace him.

At 12:55, I got with Derek the producer and said that we should give him a chance and we opened the Zoom link from 1:00:00 to 1:01:30. No show. So we committed to the other show. A pre-record with Cal Thomas. 

At 1:05 I got a text from Josh that he was at the zoom link. He had had some technical difficulties.
During this time I had  bumped the USB cable on my mic and it went dead.

Derek interrupted the pre-record, started the show with Josh, and I joined in and I'm glad it worked out because the interview was worth it. I hope you think so.

If you are interested in how books are made, or how political crises are made, like Dearborn Michigan and Springfield Ohio, you should listen.

Then I played a conversation my friend Mark Tapson had with Xi Van Fleet as she describes the Communist China she grew up in and how she sees it starting here.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you got the issue fixed, and yes, good interview. As bad as it is getting in the Rust Belt, there is a real implosion going on in Colorado ski country too. The housing market is collapsing, along with the local economies, as no service people can afford to live there, while the rich just fly in for a week or two of skiing once or twice a year, leaving those mega mansions empty most of the time.

    ReplyDelete