Tuesday, August 7, 2012

A Smile on My Face

Scherie and I went to vote tonight, and at the poll we saw the kind lady who runs the beauty salon on the next street.
The one who would shelter our escape dog Petey and hold her for us.
She would also paint her nails...
Petey was so named for the circle around her eye.
We had to turn her in to the Humane Society after an altercation with some pit bulls that attacked her in front of that salon.
She prevailed, but we faced loss of homeowners insurance after that.
As we checked up on her we found that they had to give her her own room with a couch and TV to keep her from running away.
We never thought of that.
Well, the salon lady told us that one of her clients runs the shelter and told her that Petey was now Petunia and had found a good home.
Then inside, while in line (photo ID required), I saw a guy I worked with years ago in GM Skilled Trades.
He took my e-mail and said the guys in our trade were having a re-union next month.
Made a nice cap to the day.

My sister-in-law starts her new job tomorrow.
God is good.

2 comments:

  1. That he is, and glad things are looking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I once told someone that everything has a way of working out. They didn't believe me for years, but I finally made them a believer.

    Things have a way of working out. Patiently waiting for the moments of contentment are worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete