Saturday, August 24, 2013

News from Ypsilanti

My friend Mike Kabat owns Haabs Restaurant and it just won a national contest promoted by the QVC channel for Best Small Town Restaurant.
That's Mike in the blue shirt greeting them (0:10).

Mike personally catered my son Caleb's wedding a few years ago.

Tomorrow afternoon when QVC channel is throwing a big shindig in Riverside Park,
My daughter-in-law is having a baby shower for her soon to arrive daughter, my first grand-daughter!
Scherie and my step-mom (who is spending the night with us) will be attending.
I'll be their chauffeur.

So we ate at Haab's tonight, which was a favorite of my father, also.
Mike even gave me a Sanders Hot Fudge Ice Cream Puff in honor of my birthday.




I believe Pascal Fervor has eaten at Haabs also.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sine I am the perceptive sort, let me wish you an early/late/right on time happiest of birthdays.

Joe

Ed Bonderenka said...

Thanks Joe.

Pascal said...

LOL. Close to 50 years ago.

Jess said...

Since you'll be the chauffeur, I hope they tip you well.

Old NFO said...

That is super! It's nice to see the 'little' folks doing well! And Happy Birthday!

Old NFO said...

That is super! It's nice to see the 'little' folks doing well! And Happy Birthday!

Old NFO said...

That is super! It's nice to see the 'little' folks doing well! And Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the grand-daughter! And happy belated birthday (It was a few days back. I know because Ed's birthday is my anniversary, and 20 years have now come and gone. For my marriage that is -- not gonna ask about Ed's age. ;) )

Anonymous said...

Oops. That was me, Fred.

Ed Bonderenka said...

Thought so. Hi Fred!
Glad you're ok.

lotta joy said...

WOW. It's payback time! Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. Then I come here and see some of "my people" (except for the anonymous comments)

Your blog ain't half bad! I shall return, but tomorrow I'll be watching that video you have on your previous post.

lotta joy said...

WOW. It's payback time! Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. Then I come here and see some of "my people" (except for the anonymous comments)

Your blog ain't half bad! I shall return, but tomorrow I'll be watching that video you have on your previous post.

Home on the Range said...

Kudos to Mike. It's great to see a small business get that attention, and well deserved, I'm sure it is. Also congrats on the grandchild! That's wonderful news!

lotta joy said...

I'm amazed that THIRTY-ONE people have commented at my blog. Where were they before? Odd. I'm still trying to figure out what to do.

lotta joy said...

I'm amazed that THIRTY-ONE people have commented at my blog. Where were they before? Odd. I'm still trying to figure out what to do.

Ed Bonderenka said...

Lotta, Thanks for commenting. That anonymous was Fred, who inspired me to blog with her stories of her childhood.
Hi Fred!

Ed Bonderenka said...

Brigid: the Fred (AKA Linda, AlmostCandy, and some I've forgotten in her attempts to avoid her family online) writes in a vein similar to yours.
I've lost track of her latest blog and I thought she mentioned it in a comment but I don't see it.
thanks for stopping by.

Z said...

That is SO COOL! I watch QVC from time to time and it's fun to see your friend and David!

Ed Bonderenka said...

Z: Glad you liked it!