I have many favorite Christmas Movies.
My lovely wife Scherie has a list that we must watch between Thanksgiving and New Years.
Miracle on 34th Street.
A Christmas Carol
Ben Hur (trust me, a Christmas story. Starts and ends with a visit from the magi.)
It's a Wonderful Life
White Christmas
Holiday Inn which is arguably the greatest holiday movie ever someone thinks.
A Christmas Story
Christmas with a Capital "C" which is inspired by a song, (A Really Great Song! with Brad Stine!)
We've added a new one:
The Nativity Story
I am loving the detail in this movie. It gets it across.
Yours?
13 comments:
Good list. I don't know if I'm more pleased by the absence of Elf or the inclusion of Alastair Sim's Scrooge (which is a Christmas Eve tradition around the spacious CT studio. Not sure I am familiar with Holiday Inn or the Capital "C" selections, though I will now keep a lookout for those. For some twisted reason, I would add Home Alone to my list, and Mrs. DaBlade still enjoys the cartoons.
Scherie wanted to add the cartoons,
I wanted a more serious tone. Hahahahah.
Home Alone has a Christmas background, but now we get in to "Die Hard" and "The Long Kiss Goodnight" territory.
I have not seen Elf. Can't bring myself to.
Follow the link after Holiday Inn (arguably).
A Christmas Story -- Jean Shepherd
A Christmas Tale -- Arnaud Desplechin
The Shop Around the Corner -- Ernst Lubitsch
Fanny and Alexander -- Ingmar Bergman
The Bishop's Wife -- Henry Koster
Santa Clause Conquers the Martians -- Forget "Plan 9 from Outer Space", this is absolutely the worst film ever released.
I'll echo with 'A Christmas Story'...but to even out my chi...My wife and I also keep 'Bad Santa' as an annual staple.
The Bishop's Wife...
The Shop Around the Corner
A Christmas Carol (1951 Alistair Sims is my favorite but I like all but the musical one)
Christmas in Connecticut
And It's a Wonderful Life, of course.
SO many more, but.....
The Shop Around the Corner, hmmmm, i don't think of it as a Christmas movie, but it's been a while since I saw it..
Bishop's Wife! Excellent!
Alistair Sims. Yep.
The Shop Around the Corner again. I'll have to revisit.
Christmas in Connecticut. Scherie suggested it, but I forgot to include it.
Our son is home for Christmas in Connecticut from Japan!
I've yet to see Bad Santa. I guess I should.
White Christmas and Holiday Inn are two favorites of mine!!!
I certainly like ending and the salute to the General.
That is a good list
Holiday Inn
It's a Wonderful Life
White Christmas
Christmas With the Kranks
Donovan's Reef
And I have a love/hate relationship with A Christmas Story due to the TBS marathon
Donovan's Reef had a Christmas link? It's been 30 years since I saw it.
Scherie said Heidi and The Little Princess, but I feel that Christmas is only tangential to the plot.
Donovan's Reef Christmas is also tangential to the plot, but the Duke on Christmas is never a bad thing.
Best wishes for a Merry Christmas, Ed
Post a Comment