Monday, October 26, 2015

Woodlawn


I have never before seen a movie like this.

I have seen inspirational films.
Christian films.
Football films.
Inspirational Christian Football Films.

If you saw this movie and didn't know it was a true story, you would swear it was the most contrived plot ever.

It is one of the most powerful films I have seen.

It is not Trufaut, or Kubrick, or Kurosawa or Eastwood.
It's not the Kendricks Bros.

It's the Erwin Bros. I never heard of  'em either.

Looking forward to their next one.

13 comments:

elmers brother said...

There Dad is Sean Astins character. It's a story about their father

Ed Bonderenka said...

Well, their dad is my hero.
I didn't know. Obviously.
Thanks.

DaBlade said...

OK, on my list. I heard that if you're in the first row of the theater and listen closely, at the 2 minute mark of the 4th quarter of that final game, you can faintly hear the crowd chanting, "Ruuuuudy. Ruuuudy. Ruuuudy" Is that true, Ed?

Old NFO said...

It's on my list. Thanks!

Sparky said...

Sounds like a winner! Thanks Ed.
Hope your day is blessed. ~:)

Old NFO said...

It's on my list. Thanks!

Ed Bonderenka said...

Welll, he WAS Rudy....

Kid said...

Great stuff. And if you haven't, I strongly suggest "Remember the Titans". Also true based.

Ed Bonderenka said...

You sold me.

Ed Bonderenka said...

You're welcome!

Ed Bonderenka said...

So far, so good! Thanks!

Z said...

Would love to see that....Remember the Titans rocks, too!

Greybeard said...

Thanks for the recommendation.
My heart needs lifting.