Saturday, February 17, 2018

Guns in Schools!

Count me in.
Image may contain: text

16 comments:

Constitutional Insurgent said...

Absolutely. For those who volunteer, and receive traing (unless prior LEO or Mil). For those who don’t want to be armed, they can still serve by being trained to barricade, obfuscate and egress with their students.....instead of letting them Snapchat, text and live stream...like a flock of social media addicted lemmings (victims).

Always On Watch said...

YES!

Ed Bonderenka said...

I imagine anybody would face a training class regardless of prior experience just to satisfy whatever law got written to allow or mandate.
I'd rather see teachers with CPLs allowed to carry in school.
In my state, Michigan, due to an intentional quirk in the law, a CPL holder can OPEN CARRY on school property but not concealed.
However, non-CPL cannot open carry on school grounds, but can anywhere else.

Ed Bonderenka said...

Thanks, Teach.

Constitutional Insurgent said...

My point was, that not all teachers would want to be armed, and I certainly wouldn't want to force that issues in them...as they'd end up being more of a liability. Many prior Mil and LEO would be a bit insulted by having to undergo basic firearm handling instruction. Though they perhaps would stoically, I'd argue for a bit of context in who was armed.

Ed Bonderenka said...

Understood about insulted, but you know all too well how government works....

Constitutional Insurgent said...

Fair point!

Kid said...

If all sorts of for profit venues can afford armed security, why can't schools? I suspect schools simply don't GAF.
Let's create a way for schools and their management to be personally sued for complete failure to provide a secure environment and we'll see this situation magically resolve itself.

Jess said...

The young man in Florida knew he had the sheep in a pen. If he'd known an armed response was a reality, he'd never made the effort, or would have found his efforts curtailed by a hail of response fire. Either way, the casualties would have been much less, and the future trial unnecessary.

Ed Bonderenka said...

My niece is a teacher in Florida.
She remarked that school buses don't have seat belts.
I found an article that gave two reasons.
The leading reason was the high cost and infrequency of incident.
Sounds similar.

Ed Bonderenka said...

You won't get an argument from me :)

DaBlade said...

I like this one. How hard would it be to build the wall and how hard would it be to secure our schools? Answer- not hard. If the Israelis can do it against terrorists, we should be able to figure it out. Instead we have to listen to the illogical gun grabbing arguments and how more laws will stop this stuff. If only the government and FBI had more power... idiots.

Kid said...

Did I mention that teacher really looks hot?

Ed Bonderenka said...

It's the strength of character, right?
And of course, girls with guns......

cube said...

I would like to see veterans with long rifles hired to police schools and not hired as politicized resource officers who merely watch and wait while the shooting occurs.

Ed Bonderenka said...

Yep. That job looked like Political Plum job.