I spoke with Hillsdale professor Ben Whalen about his online Hillsdale course on The Odyssey.
My wife and I took the course and found it very fascinating.
We also discussed the Christopher Nolan movie.
I found it good, but I think only because I was familiar with the story.
I suggest the Hillsdale course before watching.

"I am a part of all that I have met. Yet all experience is an arch wherethrough gleams that untraveled world whose margin fades forever and forever as I move." Memorized in high school in a fine English teacher's class. And what follows ... How dull it is to pause, to make an end, To rust unburnished, not to shine in use! .... to seek, to strive, to find and not to yield. Quoted from TENNYSON, in his interpretation of the tale, the words he puts in Ulysses' mouth. I read the original in my own post-education re-education in my 30's. covering a breadth of classics. But I was still impressed with what I learned of his story via the Tennyson poem.
ReplyDeleteWhat's astonishing is how they took 10 years to get from Troy to Ithaca.
https://substackcdn.com/image/fetch/$s_!VvkM!,w_1456,c_limit,f_webp,q_auto:good,fl_progressive:steep/https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F2d9b6bd1-8298-44f9-8999-b8b7b0b69b2b_842x758.png
BAYSIDER
And how they did that in a boat! 😄😄
Delete