- The opening credits were cleverly done, reminiscent of the period.
- The opening in B&W, is reminiscent of the 1938 film.
- It's so very cleverly written. The characterization is wonderful.
- It's a story of good vs evil, it extols basic goodness and redemption.
- The production values are wonderful, and yet the continuity of set design with the 1938 movie is remarkable.
- Bruce Campbell was the head Winkie Guard (oh yee oh).
- The audience clapped a long time.
- I'm looking forward to seeing it again, as is my son who I watched it with (along with Scherie and our grandson).
I didn't get the opportunity to tell him they already filmed it in 1938.