- The opening credits were cleverly done, reminiscent of the period.
- The opening in B&W, is reminiscent of the 1938 film.
- It's so very cleverly written. The characterization is wonderful.
- It's a story of good vs evil, it extols basic goodness and redemption.
- The production values are wonderful, and yet the continuity of set design with the 1938 movie is remarkable.
- Bruce Campbell was the head Winkie Guard (oh yee oh).
- The audience clapped a long time.
- I'm looking forward to seeing it again, as is my son who I watched it with (along with Scherie and our grandson).
I didn't get the opportunity to tell him they already filmed it in 1938.
6 comments:
We'll have to agree to disagree. Again. Sorry Bro.
I'm hearing mixed takes... Glad you enjoyed it though!
well WHO KNEW? I'd never even heard they were making a sequel!
I watched the trailer just now on line and always wonder why they can't make Black/White movies look exactly like Black/White movies of yore...it just DOESN'T.
I loved the original and many of the comments below the trailer weren't glowing.
I'm glad you enjoyed it so much!
Who ya gonna believe?
Me, or Rita and a lot of other people?
I'm not into fantasy although I did love The Life of Pi.
Mr. AOW has been requesting to go to the cinema. Maybe I'll take him to see this film.
Thanks for the recommendation.
AOW. I always go to the $5 matinee.
Please let me know what you and Mr. AOW thought of the movie.
Post a Comment