Saturday, March 9, 2013

Oz: The Great and Powerful

I want to go on record as saying that I have seen no greater movie than "Oz: The Great and Powerful".

  1. The opening credits were cleverly done, reminiscent of the period.
  2. The opening in B&W, is reminiscent of the 1938 film.
  3. It's so very cleverly written. The characterization is wonderful.
  4. It's a story of good vs evil, it extols basic goodness and redemption.
  5. The production values are wonderful, and yet the continuity of set design with the 1938 movie is remarkable.
  6. Bruce Campbell was the head Winkie Guard (oh yee oh).
  7. The audience clapped a long time.
  8. I'm looking forward to seeing it again, as is my son who I watched it with (along with Scherie and our grandson).
I overheard a guy tell his son that the sequel is already planned.
I didn't get the opportunity to tell him they already filmed it in 1938.

6 comments:

  1. We'll have to agree to disagree. Again. Sorry Bro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hearing mixed takes... Glad you enjoyed it though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well WHO KNEW? I'd never even heard they were making a sequel!
    I watched the trailer just now on line and always wonder why they can't make Black/White movies look exactly like Black/White movies of yore...it just DOESN'T.
    I loved the original and many of the comments below the trailer weren't glowing.
    I'm glad you enjoyed it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who ya gonna believe?
    Me, or Rita and a lot of other people?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not into fantasy although I did love The Life of Pi.

    Mr. AOW has been requesting to go to the cinema. Maybe I'll take him to see this film.

    Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AOW. I always go to the $5 matinee.
    Please let me know what you and Mr. AOW thought of the movie.

    ReplyDelete