Monday, January 20, 2014

For your viewing pleasure

I did a training video for a device I designed and we built last week.
Unfortunately, I can't show you the device.
But I was complimented on the video and I remarked that I must have been influenced by all the "Jam Handy" videos I had seen as a youth.
No one knew what I was talking about.

The Jam Handy Organization was an Detroit area film studio that produced many training and instructional videos for the auto industry.

This is an example:

Here is another:

4 comments:

  1. very impressive indeed! Have a blessed monday my friend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started the first video thinking I would watch 15 or 20 seconds (or less) just to get an idea... Then I found I had watched the entire video and I learned what a differential actual is/does. I've never been mechanically inclined. Now that I feel sufficiently motivated, I plan on swapping out my differential with a newer model this weekend. Maybe even a new diverstriver is in order.

    Ed, at first read I confused Jam Handy with Jack Handy. My favorite Deep Thought: "I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They'd never see it coming.
      I pulled a differential from a Chrysler once.
      Not fun.

      Delete