Friday, January 1, 2016

New Years Eve Resolution

I am looking forward to a new year, hopefully the last year of this lawless regime.

May God guide us (please!) as we as a nation choose whether to pursue the path to destruction or to turn from our self-inflicted harm.

We should resolve to take a different path.

Romans 8:18-19 King James Version
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

I am currently teaching Romans.

The thrust is that you can't do it, but God can do it through you.
If you ask Him.

Ask and ye shall receive.

You know that quote about insanity?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
Try it God's way.

Paul said: (Romans 7:23) "But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

God will.

God will help you get it right this time through the resurrection power of Jesus Christ if His Spirit dwells in you.


May you have a prosperous and fruitful New Year

16 comments:

  1. One of my dearest friends -- my beloved Chinese client who immigrated here from communist China back in 1995 or so -- started reading the book of Romans so as to improve her English. And guess what? She came to the Lord through studying that book of the Word!

    She then began witnessing to her parents back in China, and they came to the Lord, too.

    The Word is powerful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Watchman Nee, a Chinaman, wrote The Normal Christian Life, based on Romans 8 IIRC, that changed my life.
      Happy New Year to you and Mr. AOW!
      Scherie says Hi!

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year! (love Watchman Nee)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year, Z!
      May it be enjoyable and a blessing for you.

      Delete
  3. As I recall, it was reading the book of Romans (and other Pauline writings) that helped lead me to Christ. May it lend understanding to all who will hear, that all may be saved and have eternal life.
    Happy New Year Ed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have it on good authority that it's going to be a banner year for Christians who listen to our Master. May it be a fantastic one for you, Ed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, May God Help Us. I pray for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year, Ed. The wife and I watched that War Room movie on our home theater (our 1978, 9 inch, B&W TV with snowy picture and intermittent sound) based on your recommendation. Great movie! Loved the old lady. 4 thumbs up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you liked it. Try Woodlawn. I think it's better. And a true story.

      Delete
  7. One of my largest concerns is my ability to continue my journey in life without fear of perils, or failing at my predestined task. While all I can ask for is God's guidance, it brings comfort, and a peace I can't find on my own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ask for His guidance AND His help to do the thing He asks of
      me. The hardest, being to love the unloveable.
      I find myself less willing to ask for help.

      Delete
  8. frim your mouth to G-ds ears my friend!!! :)

    ReplyDelete