Sunday, November 5, 2017

Grace

 I just had a law enforcement officer follow me for about 5 miles.
I had gotten off the expressway at the wrong exit and wanted to turn left to continue down the service drive.
To do that , I had to turn right, but I was stopped at the light in the left lane with a car to my right.
So I looked, no one behind or approaching, and I backed up and pulled behind that other car. The light changed, I made my turn.
Then I saw the cop and he made a turn and followed me.
All the while I was wondering if he was going to pull me over.

Then I remembered:

Romans 13:3King James Version (KJV)

3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same

I was headed to the donut shop for coffee and seriously thought he would turn in behind me, and I purposed to pay for his coffee behind me in the drive through.
To my amazement,  he did not enter the donut shop driveway, but continued on.


8 comments:

  1. So you missed your chance to be the good guy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done it before. It's scary when they follow you out and pull you over to thank you. :)

      Delete
  2. Long past time this meme got updated with: INSTEAD OF PULLING OVER, PULLED INTO A TIM HORTON'S DRIVE-THRU AND TRIED TO BRIBE ME WITH COFFEE AND DONUT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I HATE that feeling knowing "he's there behind me..is he going to..?" I had a left blinker not working once and had a cop behind me...I had to change my way home so I didn't have to turn left anywhere :-) Glad you escaped....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hold it ... you found a cop who passed a donut shop? Wow!

    ReplyDelete