Sunday, January 7, 2018

Mental Well Being

I read this in an article on "recovery", but I think it applies to everybody interested in their own mental well-being:

"... Then, with your new competent guide, you begin your journey of self discovery. Perhaps that is why thousands of years ago the great philosopher Socrates admonished us to know ourselves. Dr. Robert Mueller, one of my mentors who opened a school for children, included in is his curriculum three questions:

1 Why am I here?
2 What is my purpose?
3 Where am I headed?"

How would you answer these?
How do you know?

9 comments:

  1. Good questions, and I wonder how many CAN actually answer those...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My answer to all three: Dunno, and frankly don't need to know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thanks for answering.
      There were actually five, and you answered them all.
      :)

      Delete
  3. Going on 78 yrs in a couple of months. So we need to add
    a 4th query: where did I leave my coffee cup?

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1 Why am I here?
    2 What is my purpose?
    3 Where am I headed?"

    inconvenient questions when your daydream makes you forget where you are driving.

    ReplyDelete