Ed Bonderenka:
Well, good afternoon and welcome to American Heritage, one
of the best shows in history of mankind. Before we go any further, I want to
give credit where credit is due. Once again, that was Madison Rising and I took
one of their songs and I clipped it down into what you hear and I think I did
it rather brilliantly. And actually nobody on Spotify has complained about
copyright yet. So it's been a number of years and so I think we're good. But my
name is Ed Bonderenka and I'm a practicing -
White Christian cisgender male.
Ed Bonderenka:
That's me. And producing the show is the guy that answers
the phones and like one of those cartoon guys, has a long white robe and he's
carrying a sign that the end is near, that's Derek Stone. He also tells me -
Hey Ed, your microphone is muted.
Ed Bonderenka:
Yeah, often enough. And that's Derek Stone, like I said,
and he's the Swiss Army knife of radio and the host of.
Stone Cold Sports Truth.
Ed Bonderenka:
Yeah, Saturday or Sundays at noon 30 right after my friend
Pastor Sean Todd hosts the intersection at noon. So on Saturdays, listen to Abolitionist
Roundtable at nine and next week I'll be co-hosting that and then tricker talk
at 11. And of course this show at one, like Dick Cupka says, Just take your
knobs off your radio. Leave it right on Waam Radio. Yeah. And I forgot to
mention my friend Ed Hoffman at three o'clock right after this show. So stay
tuned. Your American heritage is on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Music. If
somebody rudely interrupts you or listening and says, "Hey, I want your
attention." There's always the podcast. You say, "Yes, honey, I'll be
right there." And there's a podcast and you can listen to what you miss.
Go to whamradio.com, click on the podcast tab at the top, share it with your
friends.
They're your friends. They'll forgive you. So there's a
war going on for control of America. What's a patriot supposed to do? Get
organized. Go to court, educate our neighbors, support those who take battle to
the enemy, support those who are running for office and support godly values,
encourage each other, arm ourselves intellectually, learn the facts for
ourselves so we can make wise decisions, explain them to others. We arm
ourselves physically. Get a gun, get a few guns. Learn to use it and them. Be
prepared to defend yourself, your family, and your nation. And we arm
ourselves, most importantly, spiritually. Once again, we find a good church. We
join with others in prayer for our nation. By the way, now for a word from our
sponsor.
Scherie Bonderenka
If my people which are called by my name shall humble
themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will
I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Ed Bonderenka:
Yes, sir. I heard that on God's social media. He has a lot
of things to say on his social media. It's called the Bible. You should check
it out. And because frankly, this country was based on biblical principles. And
if we want to get it right, figure out what the biblical principles are and
then we need to return to those biblical principles. Psalm 35 says, "Plead
my cause, oh Lord, with them that strive with me. Fight against them that fight
against me. Take hold of shield and buckler and stand up for mine help. Draw
out also the spear and stop the way against them that persecute me. Say unto my
soul, I am thy salvation. Let them be confounded and put to shame and seek
after my soul and let them be turned back and brought to confusion that devise
my hurt and let them be as chaff before the wind and let the angel of the Lord
chase them.
Let their way be dark and slippery and let the angel of
the Lord persecute them." Yeah, I like that. So joining us today is my
friend Mark Tapson. Mark, he's got a Substack called Culture Warrior. You
should go there. And he's also a member of the David Harwitz Freedom Center and
he publishes on frontlinemagazine.com. And he's also the host of The Write Take
Podcast, which I have rebroadcast here a few times. I like it so much. It's one
of my go-tos. So welcome back to the show, Mark. How you doing?
Mark Tapson:
Good, Ed. Great to be here. Thanks for having me back.
Always a pleasure.
Ed Bonderenka:
Oh, good. That's good to hear. You never know. So some of
your writings recently inspired me to have you back and I've stored up a few of
them from your Substack and not so much from your podcast, but I like the way
you've been podcasting some of your Substacks recently. So it makes it easier
Speaker 2:
Because
Ed Bonderenka:
When I'm driving, I can listen and not try to read while
I'm driving. That gets embarrassing sometimes. And so you recently posted about
the Ellen Elliot page front page on, what was that, New York Times?
Mark Tapson:
Yeah, New York Magazine, which is a separate entity, but
still a very left wing outlet.
Ed Bonderenka:
Yeah. Let's talk about that a bit because for one, Ellen
is now Elliot Page, but that doesn't mean she's still a guy. And the only
exposure I ever had prior to seeing your Substack that showed his picture, I'm
sorry, her picture, let's get that straight. Her picture that's posed in that
magazine was I saw her in The Odyssey. Did you see The Odyssey?
Mark Tapson:
No, I have not seen it yet. I'm not especially interested
in it. And I read so much about it because obviously it was such a major
cultural controversy for a while that I began to get sick of it. So in fact, I
wrote my share of stuff about it and then let it go for now. But I haven't seen
the movie yet.
Ed Bonderenka:
Oh, I recommend it. It's pretty good, particularly if you
know the story ahead of time. The only two detractions in it are, if you let it
be, Elliot Page or Ellen Page or whatever she's going by. So confusing. And I
thought that she was going to play Helen of Troy and it turned out, no, some
Black person played Helen of Troy with scars on her face. It wasn't her. I
really emphasize these things these days. And so the Elliot Page character just
had this one small, well, two really, if you count the part being in hell. But
I watched the movie in preparation for a discussion I had with a Hillsdale
professor who did a series on The Odyssey. And so we were discussing that
movie, which had just come out. And then his series on The Odyssey which just
came out. It was a fantastic series too, hillsdale.collegefree, see it on the
Odyssey.
And so I had to watch the movie and I wasn't sorely
disappointed except that it took a few liberties. Actually, what's his face?
Homer took some liberties with his own story often enough, many people have. So
I don't really mind if Christopher Nolan changed a few things like he did with
the Batman series. But yeah, I recommend it. I thought it was pretty good, but
you got to know the story before you go in and go, what's happening here? So
anyways, so you feature this picture of
The girl who's pretending to be Elliot Page now. And
describe that picture for our audience who may not have seen it.
Mark Tapson:
Well, first you have to understand that this was a special
men's style issue for the magazine. It was the first time they'd ever done a
full-blown men's style issue. And for one of the cover versions, because
apparently they used a few different male models for the cover, but one of the
cover models was Elliot Page, previously known as Ellen Page. Obviously Ellen
is suffering from what I assume is a pretty torturous degree of gender
dysphoria or body dysmorphia, whatever the terminology is. And she has done
everything in her power to erase her femininity and try to embrace masculinity
and it's just clearly not working. And she poses as often as possible topless
to show off what a masculine torso she has now. She's got a six pack of abs and
mastectomy
Speaker 2:
Scars.
Mark Tapson:
I knew I would trip over that one. And she's just not
convincing as a man, and that's because she cannot become a man. That's just
not the way mother nature works. But in any case, I thought it was a little bit
over the top for them to put her on the cover of a men's style magazine, men's
style issue. And in fact, the issue really focused on male models in New York
bathhouses and they were all barely clothed. Most of them just had towels or
shorts on. And I though, is this a men's style issue or where's the men's
fashion here? But of course, men's fashion magazines these days are not about
men's style or men's fashion. They're about queering the culture. And so the
emphasis here was on feminizing the idea of masculinity because that's where we
are culturally speaking. The whole cultural zeitgeist is anti-masculinity or
about twisting or perverting masculinity into something I guess that could be
described as gender non-binary.
That's the goal of the left is to eradicate the
distinctions between the genders. And so I felt like I should write about this
and express a little bit of my frustration and outrage over it.
Ed Bonderenka:
For those non-mathematicians or non-computer geeks out
there, binary refers to ones and zeros or on and off or yes or no, simple stuff
like that. Male
Mark Tapson:
Or female.
Ed Bonderenka:
Oh, hey, that's one. Yeah. And what I wanted to say was
that when you point out the bathhouse venue, and I remember a name for a
certain political character named Bathhouse Berry. And the reason for that was
because of the gay connotations of the bathhouses. And you remember Bette
Midler, right? Yeah. She got her start in the early '70s by performing at the
Continental Baths, which very may... No, that's not where What's His Face...
No, it may be very well where his pictures were taken or her pictures were
taken
Speaker 2:
At
Ed Bonderenka:
Ellen Elliot Page. And so there was a massive gay
bathhouse that Barry Manilow played at accompanying her and that's how she lost
her career to the gay crowd. But that's where I realized I just don't want to
go to a bathhouse, not myself. Nope, not going to do it. So New York Magazine
showing all these male models undressed in a bathhouse just speaks to what?
What would you say?
Mark Tapson:
Well, I think you suggested a moment ago when you said
that the gay connotations of it, that's definitely part of the reason that they
filmed this or that they did the photography and centered it on a bathhouse.
It's definitely to convey that connotation. It's again, it's part of queering
the culture. And just to be clear, queering the culture doesn't necessarily
refer to making anyone homosexual, although that's overturning the
heteropatriarchy as it's called, it's definitely on the agenda. But the term
queering the culture refers to literally subverting everything that is normal
and traditional. Every aspect of the culture that we would consider normal or
traditional, queering that means subverting it, undermining it, destroying it.
And so it's a much bigger ideological project than just trying to turn people
gay.
Ed Bonderenka:
Yeah. Actually, I typed it in real quick here to get a
definition and all the definitions suggested refer to the gay community, if you
want to put it that way. However, I remember in my youth where that meant
strange. I remember in my youth where you could sing a song that says,
"I'm so happy. I'm so happy. I'm so happy and happy and gay." And now
you don't dare sing that anymore because of the queering of our culture. So
it's really about the feminization of our culture, right? I mean, I've seen
this go back to the '70s during the rock stars of the time, like Ziggy
Stardust, David Bowie. It really played off the adrogyny. And then of course,
Elton John, before he came out as gay, I think he took a while coming out as
gay. He played off on that adrogyny too. And it's just an effort to emasculate
men.
And you just wonder what would be the purpose of
emasculating men? Have you got any ideas on that?
Mark Tapson:
Well, I write about this pretty often actually. I know. So
if I repeat myself, forgive me, or if people have heard me say this before, I
apologize, but I harp on this a lot because it's an ongoing project of cultural
Marxism, which is an informal movement to basically undermine and destroy
Western civilization and replace it with the Marxist utopia, blah, blah, blah.
But a major part of that, again, is undermining or eradicating the differences
between the sexes because the abolition of the family was such a major aspect
of Marx's dream. In fact, he explicitly called for the abolition of the family.
And you can see that as an ongoing project in various ways, but part of that is
eradicating the differences between male and female. And one of the reasons for
that is because masculinity, traditional masculinity, as we understand it and
as most people recognize it, is what I call the first and last defense against
the totalitarian threat that Marxism poses.
And so that I think is the main aim, that's the main goal
in terms of abolishing the family, is eradicating masculinity because that's
the linchpin to everything. And if you can convince the culture that
traditional masculinity is toxic and poisonous and a bad thing, then gradually
it begins to seep into the consciousness of the culture that the more feminized
a man is, the more true to his identity he is and true to the culture and more
acceptable and politically acceptable. And so it's basically about undermining
our understanding of masculinity. It's about emasculating the culture and
removing men as a threat to totalitarian control.
Ed Bonderenka:
Yeah. I was just remembering as you were talking, and I
can't remember her name, there was some celebrity who I was just made aware of
where she was... Oh, she was so disappointed that her son wasn't gay.
Mark Tapson:
Cameron Manheim. Oh, really? So she
Ed Bonderenka:
Wasn't that famous. Okay.
Mark Tapson:
Well, there was a time when she had her moment in the
cultural spotlight as an actress. I think it was on, was it LA Law or
something? Anyway, it was a couple of decades ago, so people might not
recognize her name anymore, Cameron Manheim. But yes, she just really gushed
recently in some public setting about how disappointed she was that her son was
it or her son was - Yeah,
Ed Bonderenka:
Son. Yeah.
Mark Tapson:
Was openly straight.
Ed Bonderenka:
The only straight guy in his choral group where he knows all
the show tunes. I mean, there are so many memes just in that one.
Mark Tapson:
I mean, you have to wonder. I mean, I can understand about
a parent being concerned. I don't know, but what I don't understand is a parent
being so revved up about wanting her son or daughter to be gay. And I though,
well, I could understand it if your son or your daughter were gay and you came
to terms with that and still loved them, I would hope that you would. But to be
almost militant about trying to steer your son toward homosexuality, there
seems something pathological about that.
Ed Bonderenka:
Oh yeah. I mean, we've seen it. There's some other actress
who was bragging about her two transgendered kids, and it's so sad. And it's
part of trying to normalize this. It's part of the campaign against
masculinity. You say in one of your posts, in the current zeitgeist, you'll
have to tell me what zeitgeist means again, but I have an idea. Straight
masculinity is out and non-binary gender disorders are in. This is all by
design, of course. And once again, it goes back to Marxism, but it's hard to
believe that these people who would do this are actually adherence of Marxism.
They're just influenced by the Marxists, right?
Mark Tapson:
Well, that's one of the ways in which cultural Marxism is
so successful. Economic Marxism has a bad reputation and it's obviously failed
everywhere it's been tried. And at some point the Marxists realized that they
weren't going to convince people to rise up and embrace economic Marxism. And
they realized that the way to achieve the Marxist utopia was through the
culture, because cultural Marxism has been extraordinarily successful. And it's
seeped through the culture over the last 50 or a hundred years, depending on
where you want to date it from. The actual cultural Marxists originated almost
a hundred years ago, set this thing in motion. But the cultural Marxism has
just been very successful, and yet people don't talk about... The cultural
Marxists themselves don't wake up in the morning and say, "Boy, I'm going
to wage some really effective cultural Marxism today." But a lot of them
do wake up and say things like, "I'm going to stick it to the patriarchy
today," or, "I'm going to undermine Christianity in some way.
I'm going to attack Christians." So there are all
these aspects of it that the cultural Marxists themselves don't even associate
with the phrase cultural Marxism. And indeed, a lot of people on the left say,
"Oh, there's no such thing as cultural Marxism. It's just another
right-wing boogeyman to demonize us." But it's a very real thing with a
very real intellectual track record that you can trace and follow. But as an
openly embraced term, the left itself doesn't ever talk about cultural Marxism.
Ed Bonderenka:
Yeah. Derek let us know that it was Jamie Lee Curtis who
was doing that, which is such a disappointment. What a favorite actress in so
many movies. And then to have her just go off the rails like that and just
destroy the lives of her kids purposefully to just fit in with her crowd.
Mark Tapson:
These Hollywood... Well, to fit in with the crowd, you
just nailed it. These Hollywood elites, these people are desperate to be
accepted. That is so deeply embedded in their nature that ordinary people
cannot understand it. I can tell you from having had one foot in Hollywood for
a while that these people are desperately needy. They're desperate to be loved
and accepted. And so they embrace these cultural movements that they think are
virtuous. That's where we come up with the term virtue signaling. It's letting
people know that you're the right kind of person, that you embrace the right
kind of cultural attitudes, and that you're inclusive and accepting and
everything, unless, of course, someone is Christian or conservative, and then
you want to throw those people in concentration camps. But that's just in their
nature to want to virtue signal to everyone that they're the right kind of
people and they're raising their children to be inclusive and non-binary.
It's kind of pathetic.
Ed Bonderenka:
I was just thinking as you were talking, and going back to
that Christopher Nolan movie and movies and Hollywood, actually, Christopher
Nolan, I think, did something pretty subversive with that movie because man,
you don't get much more toxic masculine than Odysseus. It's like he's set
loose. He's learned a few things over his trials, and that's part of what his
10-year voyage was about, him learning a few things. But he gets back to Ithaca
and it's, "That's my wife. That's my son. This is my property." And
then make sure everybody knows it.
Mark Tapson:
Yes, in a big way.
Ed Bonderenka:
In a big way. And in a sense, I wonder if he'd done that
without... I mean, how could they come against him if he had Ellen Elliot Page
in the movie, right? Oh, what do we do? It's like that mem where the person's
staring at the yes, no button and they just can't make up... Their mind is
frying like, "I'm torn." And the Batman series actually that he did,
very masculine defender of the week and the preyed upon. And we're going to get
into some examples, more examples of masculinity after the break, which I think
is about... Derek, how long before you hold up the sign? Oh, the sign is now.
One minute going.
Mark Tapson:
Good timing.
Ed Bonderenka:
Yeah. So you also are a Hollywood producer, right? You've
got Doc Emmett Productions?
Mark Tapson:
Oh, no. We probably don't have time to go into all that,
but no, I'm associated with them only in the sense that the woman who runs it,
Gloria Greenfield, the filmmaker and documentarian, I've been in a few of her
documentaries and I recommend her and her work all the time because she's doing
such extraordinary, in fact, I would say unique work bringing to the attention
of people the assaults on Western civilization that we're facing. So I'm connected
with her, but no, I'm not officially part of the organization.
Ed Bonderenka:
Okay, folks, we're talking to Mark Tapson, culture
warrior, and we're going to talk some more and we'll take some calls after a
while after the break. Come on back, Your American Heritage. And thanks, Derek,
for letting me know.
Speaker 4:
This is your American Heritage. This is where faith,
freedom, and truth still matter. This is your American Heritage.
Ed Bonderenka:
Well, welcome back to Your American Heritage, and we're
speaking with Mark Tapson. Like I said before, he's a writer, he's a columnist,
he's got books. He's got another book coming out that he's going to edit, and
we were talking about during the break. Tell us quickly about that before we
get back on track again.
Mark Tapson:
Yeah, I have a book coming out maybe as early as
mid-November. It's a little unclear at the moment, but it's called Holy
Alliance: Christians and Jews United to Defend the West. It's a collection of
articles, collection of essays that I put together from various thinkers and
writers on the conservative spectrum, some of them Jews, some Christians. I
contributed a chapter to it and also wrote the introduction, so I'm in there,
but it features people like Melanie Phillips from the Jewish side of things and
Robert Spencer from the David Horowitz Freedom Center, one of my colleagues
there, and it's just a brilliant collection. Josh Hammer is in it. Who else is
notable? Bruce Bauer, for example, who is just, I think, a brilliant cultural
critic.
I think it's a really necessary book at this time because
we're in a position now where there's a lot of animosity and tension between
Christians and Jews, and even within Christianity, Catholics versus Protestants
and vice versa. I think we need this sort of reminder that we are all natural
allies. No matter what kind of Christian we are, we're natural allies with each
other and also with Jews against threats to civilization, which are primarily
the unholy alliance of what they call the green red axis or the green red
alliance of communists and Islamists. I hope that it will be an impactful book
when it comes out.
Ed Bonderenka:
I'm looking forward to A, reading it, B, talking to you
about it when it comes out. I assume I'm going to get a free copy, right?
Mark Tapson:
Oh, sure. Yes, absolutely.
Ed Bonderenka:
One of the perks of this job.
Mark Tapson:
Yes, I benefit from that often myself.
Ed Bonderenka:
How's your bookshelf looking? I asked for PDFs anymore.
Please, I don't have any more bookcase space, please. Well, one publisher sent
me a book of probably all their excess stock. Wait a minute, stop. Wow, I can't
read all these. I have trouble
Speaker 2:
Just
Ed Bonderenka:
Reading you and a few other people and books that I have
to for interviews, but I am looking forward to that. I come at this from an
evangelical Christian point of view. I have Catholic friends like yourself, and
I have Jewish friends, and I have atheist friends, and they see this as the
battle it is. And so they're very supportive of what we're doing here, what you
are doing, I'm supportive of what you're doing. It's the fight of our lives. In
fact, I don't think I'm going to play Men of the West to go, oh, sure, I might.
Hold on a second.
Speaker 5:
Rohan, my brothers. I see in your eyes the same fear that
would take the heart of me, but they may come when the courage of man fails
when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not
this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of men comes
crashing down. But it is not this day, this day we fight. I owe that you hold
dear on this good earth. I did you stand men of the west.
Ed Bonderenka:
Yeah, probably watching that again tonight.
Mark Tapson:
Men of the West indeed, that's what it's going to take to
save the West is men embracing their masculine selves, embracing their
masculinity and their traditional roles as defenders and protectors.
Ed Bonderenka:
I didn't see that as toxic masculinity at all. I saw that
as basically the cure right there. I told During the break, I was thinking, I
was reading up again, preparing to talk to you, and a term came up and you're
welcome to it. Masculinism. It's the opposite of feminism, masculinism. And
feminism is the promotion of female power, oddly enough, not femininity. Feminism,
you think, oh, feminism, femininity. No, no, no, no, no. It's the opposite of
that. With feminism, you actually get actually the ultimate is Ellen Page
becoming Elliot Page. You could almost say that's a logical outgrowth, trying
to usurp all the power that comes with being a man instead of saying, "I'm
going to brace the feminine me." You can be strong. You can be strong as a
woman. I know strong women, and that's fine, but there's this whole thing about
pushing them into roles, pushing them into roles that they may not be suited
for because the zeitgeist wants them to be that.That's the demands placed on
them by their culture.
You want to respond to that at all?
Mark Tapson:
Well, yeah. I mean, feminism, it actually runs counter to
femininity because feminism basically pushes women to be more like men. And in
fact, it pushes them to be like the worst examples of men. It pushes them to be
career driven to the extent of ignoring their families. It pushes them to be
sexually promiscuous. It pushes them to be crude and adopt bad habits. And in
other words, to be more like toxic males.
Ed Bonderenka:
The worst of men.
Mark Tapson:
Exactly. And that's what feminism celebrates. And it's
because part of the goal or maybe the ultimate goal is, again, part of the
Marxist aim to eradicate the differences between the sexes.
Ed Bonderenka:
I want to give a few examples here, more examples of toxic
masculinity. And I was thinking about this this morning. There's Flight 93,
Todd Beamer recited the Lord's Prayer and with the person he was talking to,
the operator he was talking to on his phone, asked her to contact his families
heard saying, "Are you guys ready? Okay, let's roll." Famously.
That's masculinity in action. You got the Paris train event that happened where
the three guys, actually four guys stood up and took down a guy with an AK-47
was going to kill everybody. I'll take that kind of toxic masculinity. You got
the guys that took down Major Nadal Hassan, who hopefully will face the
executioner soon, Civilian Police Sergeant Mark Todd and Sergeant Kimberly
Munley, which interesting, there was a woman. So I'll give her that. And then
there's the Fly Dubai flight, 1073 that just happened.
That's really it. There's a lot of stuff going on there. I
was calling into a radio show this week because the subject was up and I said,
"It's kind of interesting. You look at this as miraculous and I'm
thinking, well, that's what happens when you try to take over a flight that
most of the passengers have served in the Israeli military as doctors and
pilots and soldiers. Good luck with that buddy."
Mark Tapson:
Yeah, I don't think he though that through.
Ed Bonderenka:
Yeah. I saw a meme the other day that showed one of those
boarding plans when you choose your ticket, choose your seat. It showed all
flags on it. You want to choose to sit next to a Jew?
Mark Tapson:
Yeah. There's something about how the new premium seating
means you can put yourself right next to a former member of the IDF.
Ed Bonderenka:
Yeah, I like that. And these are examples of men rising
up, but interestingly enough, what were they rising up against? What was the
source of their threat?
Mark Tapson:
You mean specifically on the plane?
Ed Bonderenka:
Oh no. In all four instances that I just gave, what
motivated the people that had to be subdued?
Mark Tapson:
Well, I think it can be reduced to one word and that is
Islam.
Ed Bonderenka:
Oh yeah. Not even radical Islam. I'm
Mark Tapson:
Thinking
Ed Bonderenka:
Islam, right? And you're a former Knight Templar, right?
Mark Tapson:
In a former life, yes.
Ed Bonderenka:
Oh, okay. Yeah. All right. That's good. I was looking up
the Knight Templars and that led me to look up the crusades. And you recently
wrote something about where's Pope Urban when we need Pope Urban II when we
need him? And to those who don't know, Pope Urban II pretty much launched the
Crusades. And that led me into reviewing the history of the Crusades. And then
of course, getting into the Knights Templar. But oh yeah, you wrote why the far
right is so obsessed with Knights and why the far left is not obsessed with the
existential threat of Islam. And you quoted Humberto Echo, who have I read, by
the way. In my youth, I read Humberto Eko. And he says, "A sure sign of a
lunatic is that sooner or later he brings up the Templars." Well, welcome
to lunacy.
Mark Tapson:
Yes. Well, as I mentioned in the article, that stems from
all of us conspiracy theories that are associated with the Knights Templar. And
they were a very real organization, a very real order of monks who were
warriors. They were warrior monks. But ever since the official disbandment, I
guess you would say, of the Knights Templar in the early 1300s, ever since
then, a whole raft of conspiracy notions have arisen around them. And so I see
what Humberto Eko was getting at when he said, "Sooner or later, a crazy
person is going to bring up the Knights Templar." So he wasn't necessarily
wrong about that, but the core of the Knights Templar is a very important truth
that is resurgent again today, which is that Christian men especially, but men
in general, but Christian men especially need to rise up and defend Christendom
again. Europe used to be called Christendom because it was Christian.
I remember that. Yeah. And that's what they were rising up
to defend. It was a defensive war against hundreds of years of Islamic
aggression, which a lot of people today don't recognize. The crusades has kind
of a bad rap these days because we've been told that it was somehow
Islamophobic or not inclusive enough, but it was - You
Ed Bonderenka:
Mean as they were overrunning the Byzantine Empire in
Spain and persecuting Christians?
Mark Tapson:
We were
Ed Bonderenka:
Inclusive all right. Join us or die. Go ahead please.
Mark Tapson:
And our resistance to that was apparently Islamophobic,
but we're in a position now where Christian men need to rise up again and
defend Christendom against the Islamic invasion because that's definitely
what's happening.
Ed Bonderenka:
Yeah. Actually we had, oh darn it, I hate when I can't
remember names. Derek could tell me who was my guest. Derek's from Britain, the
comedian. She was at Mark Ridley's Comedy Club. Katie Hopkins, I bet you her
Speaker 2:
Name
Ed Bonderenka:
Was, just came back to me. Yeah, we had her on the show
and we were talking about what's going on in Britain. And it's a toss-up
whether it's a lost cause or not in Britain or Germany for that matter. But
until the people overturn their "leadership", then they're not going
to come out from us. Unfortunately, and we talked to her about that, this
wouldn't be tolerated in this country because we have the Second Amendment and
you can see behind me, I'm a firm proponent of the Second Amendment. Go ahead.
Mark Tapson:
Well, yeah, and I always like to tell Americans that we
shouldn't get complacent about the fact that we have a Second Amendment and
that we're gunnos because it's not just a matter of having the guns, we have to
have the will to use them. And that's what separates the men from the boys, I'm
afraid. That's where the actual dividing line is going to be is we have to have
the will to use them. And as for Europe, I don't think it's a lost cause in
Europe, but I do think it's absolutely, and I've been saying this for years and
years, it's going to take violence in the streets to stop it. It's going to
take literal civil war and revolution to overturn where they are because
they're at a point where I believe they're beyond political solutions.
Ed Bonderenka:
Well, it's hard to argue with that. By the way, Derek,
what's the phone number? There might be somebody who wants to talk to us about
this.
Derek
734-822-1600.
Ed Bonderenka:
Yeah, so exactly. Yeah, like you said, where's Pope Urban
II when you need him? But we won't get any of our political or religious
leaders right now to stand up and lead us. And I've often wondered how a second
civil war would arise in this country. And there's Kurt Schlichter's book,
what's his name? Kelly something.
Mark Tapson:
He's got a whole series of novels.
Ed Bonderenka:
Yeah, they're pretty
Mark Tapson:
Interesting.
Ed Bonderenka:
I like them. Yeah. But I had to stop reading them after a
while. I was getting a little bit like, "I want to shoot somebody."
And that's not a good thing. But it's interesting the way he describes that,
the People's Republic of California, and there just becomes a split when the
Dems make the wrong move. But who's going to be the political leader that
stands up and says, "Follow me boys?" And is it that time? It's only
that time when you have lost the legitimate, if you want to say legitimate. I
don't find this illegitimate, frankly, rising up and defending your freedoms
illegitimate at all, but let's say the... What would the word be then? I can't
think of it right now. But obviously rising up and attacking the established
government of the United States to regain your rights and freedoms that are
being taken away from you, that's frowned upon by those in power, right?
Mark Tapson:
Yes. Yes, it's definitely frowned upon. And I don't think
we're at that point yet in America, but I do think that we are in a position in
this country in which there are two Americas. There's one America that lives in
the real world, and then there's another America that wants to impose a set of
fantasy narratives on the rest of us about how the world works and how things
are and what's real and what's not. And there is no common ground anywhere.
There's not a single issue, I think, in America in which there is common ground
between right and left. There is a vast Grand Canyon sized gulf between us.
Again, I think we're reaching the point where we're beyond political solutions
for that too. So something needs to be done before we reach the point at which
we become Europe.
Ed Bonderenka:
Yeah, there's a cartoon. I like this. This woman's talking
to her husband. The neighbor said homeschooling is just us pushing our beliefs
on our kids. And the husband said, "Did you ask whose beliefs public
schools are pushing?" And she answers, "I was going to, but then her
son came in to use the litter box." That's what we're facing here. People
are just totally deluded and it's a culture war and we need a... Oh, you're a
culture warrior here, aren't you? We need
Mark Tapson:
War. I try to do my humble part.
Ed Bonderenka:
Yes. And the same here, frankly. You do it much more
succinctly. But that's what we need is people who realize there are people who
say, "Yeah, we're already in a civil war. Well, the shooting has started,
but it's all been from the devil side and it's all been at our political and
cultural leaders." And that's one of the things about conservatives. They're
loathed to pick up a gun and assassinate somebody.
Mark Tapson:
And that's a good thing. I think we ought to think twice
about assassinating our political leaders even if we're highly tempted. Don't
Ed Bonderenka:
Get me wrong, folks. I am not advocating that. I'm saying
that's a good thing. We don't mimic the left, but we have to realize what's
going on here when they kill Charlie Kirk, when they try to kill President
Trump a number of times. It's kind of obvious what's going on here.
Mark Tapson:
Yeah, I think you're right that to a certain extent we're
in a civil war here and one side is already waging that war violently against
the other side. We need on this side, on conservative side, we need to come to
terms with that and understand how hated we are and that the other side openly
speaks about violence and concentration camps and retaliation against Trump
supporters. And this is the very serious state of the civil war, the cold civil
war that we're in, although I think it's not a cold civil war, it's at least
lukewarm. And so that's something that the right has to come to terms with and
understand and realize that we can't just... It's not a matter of reaching
across the aisle for common ground. We need to be on a war footing mentally and
psychologically.
Ed Bonderenka:
Exactly. I just was wondering, because I was thinking of
an example of this is the Luigi Mangione case, who this video has just finally
come out of him being apprehended in the McDonald's, and we found that really
weird, the way he reacted to being arrested in Pennsylvania. But I was really
searching for his name so I forgot the name of his victim. Everybody forgets
Brian Thompson.
Oddly enough, when I start typing in Luigi Mangione, all
the Google suggestions are for celebrities who support Luigi Mangione, and
that's where we go back to the culture wars again, celebrities who support an
assassin. They're the same ones who thankfully a lot of, not celebrities, but a
lot of people lost their jobs, especially their school jobs and their
government jobs when they came out and celebrated... How stupid can you be? In
public celebrating Charlie Kirk's death, saying it's a good thing, doing it on
social media. Well, there's the evidence, you've lost your job, thank God.
Yeah, you don't get to teach my kids. Thank you. Well,
Mark Tapson:
This is how open they are about it, is that they don't
think twice about putting these videos in which they celebrate Charlie Kirk's
murder and called for the death and so forth and so on. They call for that
openly. They don't think twice about putting this stuff on the internet because
they live in this bubble where everyone thinks the way they do and agrees with
them and they're very secure in their self-righteousness and the rightness of
their cause, and that's extremely concerning.
Ed Bonderenka:
Oh, in a big way. And once again, going back to Islam,
there is a threat to Islam, I'm sorry, threat from Islam in this country. We
were talking about the Knights Templar and a crusade, and I've had a guy named
Jake Lang on this show, and I think I may have talked about him last week to
another guest. We were talking similarly. Jake Lang, I've talked to him a few
times while he was in prison, talked to him the day he got out of prison, he
was celebrating being with his family, but he took the time to take my call and
we interviewed him for a while and I suggested to him that you're going to run
for office, aren't you? Because I though there'd be a cadre of these guys,
these victims of J6 who would actually battle hardened in prison, and a lot of
them got saved in Bible studies in the prison, that they'd come out and they'd
be a cadre of the pushback.
And unfortunately, I can't agree with what Jake Lang is
doing right now. I mean, I agree with the sentiments, but the
confrontationalism, but he is using the Knights Templar imagery in his
campaigns.
Are you aware of who I'm talking about, burning bacon and
the Koran and Dearborn and getting people's faces?
Mark Tapson:
Yes. Yeah. Well, this Knight's Templar imagery and
Christian imagery, generally speaking, is very enraging to the left because
first of all, generally speaking, they hate Christianity. But you think about
the controversy over Pete Hex's tattoos, for example. He's got one of a
Jerusalem cross. He's got one that says Deus Volt, which was the Battle Cry of
the Crusades, God wills it, and that infuriates the left.
Ed Bonderenka:
Good. More, more. I may go out and get a couple tattoos.
Mark Tapson:
I considered it myself, actually.
Ed Bonderenka:
So far, I've avoided getting tattoos because when I rob
the liquor store, I don't want any identifying marks.
Mark Tapson:
Good thinking.
Ed Bonderenka:
Derek, the guy holding the sign, walking the street,
saying the end is near, has just told me that we have one minute left. So why
don't you promote some stuff you've got going on and I'll let you have that
time.
Mark Tapson:
Well, I would love to direct people to my Substack page.
It's Culture Warrior, but the actual address is marktapson.substack.com. And
then also I write for the David Horowitz Freedom Center flagship website of
which is frontpagemag.com.
Ed Bonderenka:
Okay. Well, great, Mark. Thanks a lot. We'll see you again
soon. Appreciate the commentary. Folks, we've run out of time for this segment.
Come on back for your American heritage.
Mark Tapson:
Thanks, Ed.
No comments:
Post a Comment