Saturday, April 21, 2018

Free Coffee!



My friend Phil Stargell of the Abolitionist Round Table
http://artofmichigan.com/
was sitting next to me at the station today when I played this for him and he laughed! He'd gone into a coffee shop today and they gave him a free cup of coffee for being black! Actually he never explained why they gave him the coffee, but it wasn't Starbucks. We don't do Starbucks.
I hosted The Drift solo today, but my friend Alex Wassell (who sounds very much like Al Gore) sat in. We talked Civil War II among other things.
Not too shabby. Actually, pretty good.
I mean, you don't have to listen to it.
Your loss. :0

Addendum:
Listen to this young man refute the libs.

14 comments:

  1. I gotta get me my free Drift radio reparations baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Free coffee has been a hook to coerce customers into your restaurant for years. With coffee being the main item on the menu, the free coffee business model has a few pitfalls.

    Maybe the coffee is free, but the extras are $5 each. That could work, until someone decides charging for caramel is racist, since it's brown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I was thinking race when I typed "caramel" too.
      Did you mean free refills?
      I went to a local BBQ joint and after sitting down found that the coffee was from a Kuerig and $2.50 a cup.
      We walked out.
      Most places refill your soda, but I gave that up years ago.

      Delete
  3. Gaming the system... It's an art with them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a staged comedy routine.

      Who are "them"? Never mind.

      Delete
  4. He's getting a lot of play on TV, etc.
    Wait till you see Wednesday's post at GeeeZ. Oy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to wait. My time machine broke some time in the future and I can't get to it.

      Delete
  5. They won't offend as long as they don't ask for black coffee... it's African American coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's the idea. We're afraid to say a word.

    ReplyDelete